NGPR is ready to hire an independent contractor to provide services to help manage the day-to-day operations of the rescue. The position reports to the organization’s secretary.
The Operations Manger (OM) will be expected to implement short and long term strategies to increase the number of adoptions, reduce the number of dogs in boarding, rehome owner surrenders and increase the number of foster homes. The OM will ensure that all established procedures and policies of NGPR are followed and new ones implemented when needed.
The OM will be able to recruit, manage and direct volunteers and assist them in recruiting, managing, and directing other volunteers. The OM should learn all major aspects vital to ongoing operations well enough to fill in for any absence of volunteers in critical positions; run Monday night State Coordinator meetings and attend NGPR Board meetings and report to the board as required.
• Assign and follow-up on foster applications.
• Work with state foster coordinators and volunteer fosters so they know the correct protocol for pulling dogs from shelters, Craigs list and owner surrender homes or strays.
• Educate volunteers as to proper protocols to have dogs spayed, neutered and vaccinated. Help them understand how to place dogs in appropriate foster homes and the need to have alternative plans if things don’t work out.
• Guide them through the process of acquiring suitable photographs and descriptions necessary for placement. Be sure fosters know how to respond to adoption applications they may be forwarded about the suitability of a particular dog for a home.
• Keep Fostering Guidelines/FAQ document current.
• Assist with coordinating transports as needed.
Equally important is encouraging a climate that attracts, retains and motivates others to achieve the organization's goals and promote our rescue mission. A presence on social media is an important component of this role. He/she must be able to work cooperatively and communicate courteously with volunteers, the NGPR board and other organizations.
The work schedule of the OM is dictated by the needs of the dogs, adopters and fosters. Hours are flexible as the OM will be working from home. Some evening and weekend or holiday hours may be needed; the OM may be on call for life-threatening emergency situations when a dog’s life is in danger. This job would suit someone who has mastered multi-tasking, enjoys working with other people and thrives on the many other challenges associated with keeping a busy, dynamic rescue organization on track with our mission of saving of more Pyrs. Resumes, salary requirements and cover letter/email for the Operations Manager position should be sent to email@example.com by August 23.